Owning a pair of the best wrist wraps and/or lifting straps can be great for improving grip performance.
As they reduce grip fatigue, users can work longer and harder, especially during high repetition sets.
In time, wearers may also notice a great increase in the amount of weights they lift. In addition to helping performance, straps provide a safer exercise experience.
They prevent slippage, which reduces the risk of injury and also keeps equipment safe from drops.
It’s taken us a while to get a grip ourselves. But once we jumped on the wrist wraps bandwagon, we haven’t been able to get off. They truly do provide a benefit to weightlifting. Below we’ve composed a list of the top ten highest rated straps to consider.
Another must read: 10 Best Suspension Training Straps
10 Highly Rated Lifting Straps Reviewed
There are plenty of wraps available, and although they generally do the same thing, they do come with different perks and drawbacks. This list has narrowed down the top ten to choose from.
#1 – Best Lifting Wrist Straps by Rip Toned
- Has great length to wrap a few times around a bar.
- No-slip design boosts performance and safety.
- Comfortable padding eases strain on wrists.
- Straps can provide little friction against bar, giving it some slippage.
The wrist straps are made from tough material to support heavy weightlifting. They are machine washable, have an adjustable fit, and come in a variety of colors to give wearers plenty of options. Straps also come with a no-slip design and are padded for support.
#2 – Top Lifting Straps by Anvil Fitness
- Good friction between the band and the bar.
- Integrated foam support provides extra comfort layer.
- Premium cotton material gives straps more endurance.
- Strap length can make it hard to maintain tight grip.
Lifting straps are long enough that they can be wrapped two or even three times around. They also feature a 5 mm neoprene padding inside to help curb bruising.
It has a versatile design, making them good for many different exercises from barbells to pull up work.
#3 – Wrist Wraps + Lifting Straps Bundle by Nordic Lifting
- Material used gives straps better gripping strength and traction.
- Extra strap length gives wearers better grip when lifting heavy.
- One-size-fits-all adjustable design.
- Thumb loop may not be as durable.
These are available in a number of colors, and they have a one-size-fits-all build for men and women. Lifting straps and wrist wraps are made of tough cotton, while the wraps also have elastic support. The straps also have great traction, and they are made long to provide increased grip.
#4 – Premium Cotton Lifting Straps by 321 Strong
- Provides good support at a good, value price.
- Lightweight and easy to use, especially for beginners.
- Made out of long-lasting, quality material.
- Padding may stop strap from adjusting properly to smaller wrists.
The machine washable straps are made out of durable black cotton, and they have soft, 8 in. foam padding to add comfort. They are adjustable and are a great economical choice that gets the job done by improving grip and lifts all the while keeping everything secure.
#5 – Harbinger Padded Cotton Lifting Straps with NeoTek Cushioned Wrist
- The extra width helps to improve grip and increase initial contact.
- Heavy duty stitching gives the straps more durability.
- Length of strap lets users wrap tighter around the bar.
- Padding does not extend across the entire strap.
These lifting straps have an extended strap which makes for better wraps, and the extra 1 ½ in. width design improves grip.
The end tabs are merrowed so that they prevent fraying, and the Neotek pad cushions the wrist during heavier lifts.
#6 – Lifting Wrist Straps Bundle by Dark Iron Fitness
- Leather gives the straps more sturdiness over time.
- Material allows greater traction and gripping strength.
- Provides tight fit with comfort.
- One strap can be thinner than the other, making it tough to tighten.
Designed from suede leather, these straps are completely reinforced so they will not fall apart or tear. They create a strong, tight grip, and should fit around any wrist size.
The leather makes the straps lighter and soft, preventing them from digging into or pinching skin.
#7 – RitFit Lifting Straps + Wrist Protector for Weightlifting
- Dual design provides two layers of durability and safety.
- Anti-slip lets users lift heavy without worry.
- Heavy duty construction adds dependability and longevity.
- Slight bulky design can potentially cause wrist pain.
The dual design of a lifting strap and wrist protector lets this serve two purposes in one package: keeps wrists safe while aiding in secure, stronger lifting.
Its thick neoprene padding avoids blisters from forming around wrists, and they are also designed with anti-slip. They’re great for powerlifting.
#8 – Ultimate 3-in-1 Fitness Package Straps
- Sturdy thumb loops adds comfort and stability.
- Made well for individual fits without sacrificing design.
- Lifting straps help eliminate grip strength fatigue.
- Grip pads can have an awkward fit.
Each product is fully adjustable to fit men and women. The wrist wraps have reinforced thumb loops to keep the wrap in place.
Made from durable cotton, they’re stitched to withstand wear and tear, and they are even machine washable. Lifting straps and grip pads also have heavy neoprene padding.
#9 – Meister Neoprene – Padded No-Slip Weight Lifting Straps
- No-slip design for secure, heavy lifting.
- Adjustable to fit just about anyone.
- Easy, locked-in grip.
- Length of padding can interfere with tightening strap around the wrist.
Available in a variety of colors, these straps are fully adjustable so that they can fit all wrists and hands. Grips are locked in while doing heavy lifting, and the sturdy design makes them durable and long-lasting.
They come with neoprene padding for comfort, and also have ridged woven cotton to offer no-slip.
#10 – Schiek Sports – Power Lifting Straps
- Triple-stitching helps prevent straps from fraying.
- Durable and long-lasting thanks to the stainless-steel buckle.
- Strap can be secured to wrist with Velcro.
- Strap that wraps around bar is not adjustable.
These straps utilize a plush ¼ in. neoprene for wrist support, which gives users more comfort. This padded wrist enclosure is also adjustable, making it one-size-fit-all.
Also, the strap has been triple stitched straight to the wrist support in order to provide a more secure wrap around the bar.
Good wrist wraps are a safe, secure, and affordable means of protecting the wrists and improving overall performance.
As they can be made with a variety of materials, finding the best one is a process of elimination game. No matter which is chosen, the fact remains that they make a difference.
What to read next: Best Resistance Bands for Effective Workouts