With the best preacher curl bench addition to your home gym equipment arsenal, your forearm muscles will want to finally get in on the action.
Perhaps you’ve seen one of these useful little benches with a unique name in your local gym and wondered what it’s all about. Below we’ll briefly tackle their purpose, benefits, and list out the well researched lineup of the top ones.
Related: Best Leg Curl/Extension Machines
What Is a Preacher Curl Bench?
A preacher curl machine is an equipment used when performing exercises that develop biceps.
The benches have an elbow budding, on which users position their forearm, a bar rest that holds weights and a seat where users sit while doing workouts to develop the biceps and increase the arm’s muscle mass.
One of our favorite benches for arm workouts, the preacher curl is wonderful tool for building muscular arms. Below we have the ten we believe, and many other users across the globe, to be the best the market has to offer.
What the best ones have in common to differentiate them from lower quality ones is not just the durability and endurance aspects, but the comfort level too!
What Muscles Does It Effect?
Using a preacher curl machine engages these particular muscle fibers, forearm extensors, brachialis, and engages users on different grip variations aimed to develop the arms.
The secret to achieving the maximum gain from this exercise equipment is to select a machine that is carefully crafted to make your workout easy by facilitating easy and correct positioning.
10 Highly Rated Preacher Curl Benches
Here are ten excellent options to consider as an addition to your home or garage gym. The benches below may very in size and design, but at the end of the day, they can all deliver results if you put in the effort.
Take a closer look at the compiled choices below and find see if you can spot the best one for you.
#1 – Valor Fitness CB-6 Adjustable
- The bar catch is fitted with rubber, to minimize noise when changing weights.
- The arm pad is 24 inches wide to support both arms comfortably.
- The arm pad, the bar rest, and the seat are adjustable.
- Not suitable for heavy weight lifting
Valour Fitness curl bench is made of 12 gauge steel. The bench curl can hold a maximum weight limit of 250lbs. The Curl bench is adjusted into four height positions using pull pins. It is designed to focus on developing biceps strictly.
#2 – Topeakmart EN957 Commercial Preacher Bench
- The 2-inch seat pad is high density for maximum comfort.
- Can be used at home, institutions or for commercial purposes.
- Comes along with a bonus bar catch
- Smaller for people with 6 feet 3 inches tall.
The curl bench measures 27 inches in length, 30 inches in width, and stands 35 inches high. The armrest is adjustable into six height positions. Easy to use pull- pins and knobs are used in making adjustments. The curl bench’s maximum loading capacity is 440lbs.
#3 – XMark ARMageddon Preacher Curl Package
- The product comes along with a weight set.
- Painted with a chrome finish that improves its look and prevents scratches.
- It is eliminates swaying and leg movements, thus prompting users to focus on developing their biceps.
- Not suitable for commercial use.
The XMark Seated Preacher is crafted with ten adjustable positions in which all users can find a comfortable stance before they start exercising. The equipment is also fitted with transport wheels used to move the curl bench.
#4 – Pro Preacher Curl Bench by Deltech Fitness
- The pads are made of a 2.5 cushion to make it comfortable.
- Made of heavy duty steel to last long.
- It has a wide base that makes it stable while in use.
- The curl bench has a thin paint finish that is easily scratched.
Pro Preacher Curl Bench is made of an adjustable armrest and seat. Users with different sizes and heights can use the adjustments to assume a comfortable position when exercising.
The machine weighs 52lbs. When assembled, the unit measures 37 x 41.5 x 33 inches.
#5 – Adjustable Seated Preacher Curl Bench by Pure Fitness
- Easy to move
- Has a barbell cradle that makes weight lifting easy.
- The arm pads are adjusted to allow users adopt a comfortable position when exercising.
- The equipment can be unsteady when changing weights.
Adjustable Seated Preacher is built using heavy-duty steel, a material that withstands rough handling. The preacher curl bench contains a maximum weight limit of 350lbs.
Its base is fitted with a wheel, which makes it easy to move when not in use. It is carefully crafted to give users proper arm alignment when developing biceps.
#6 – XMark FID Weight Bench with Preacher Curl
- The seat and arm pads are made of an extra thick cushion of 2.5 inches.
- The seats are covered by Dura guard vinyl to prevent accidental tears.
- It is also used as a weight bench.
- The equipment can be shaky, if not well assembled.
Related: Best Olympic Weight Benches
XMark FID Weight Bench is either black or gray. The equipment is also used as a weight bench used when lifting weights.
The preacher curl can be adjusted into three positions to facilitate bicep workouts. The body is made of 14 gauge steel and furnished with a powder coat to prevent scratches.
#7 – Body Solid GPCB329 Preacher Curl
- It is set at an angle that facilitates full range motion.
- It is adjustable and hence, can accommodate users of different heights and sizes.
- Facilitates many reps since the seat and arm pads are comfortable.
- The preacher bench is expensive given the fact that it is only used to develop arm muscles.
The body solid preacher curl bench is designed to develop the forearms, the biceps, and the wrist. The seat and arm pads are made of super tough cushion. The base is wide, to increase stability during a workout.
#8 – Yaheetech Fitness Preacher Curl Adjustable Weight Bench
- The armrest and bar rest are adjustable into six positions. The equipment is suitable for people of all sizes.
- The seat and armrests are made of a 2-inch cushion that makes users comfortable.
- Ideal for heavyweight lifters
- The machine comes in different parts that need assembly.
The Yaheetech fitness preacher curl bench is manufactured from heavyweight steel, with a powder coat finish.
The seat and armrests are cushioned to give users the comfort they need while working to gain a good physique on their biceps. The machine weighs 30lbs and has a maximum loading capacity of 440 lbs.
#9 – Titan Preacher Curl Training Bench
- It has a floor protecting rubber that prevents scratching the floor while moving the machine.
- Consumes less space.
- It is adjustable.
- Only suitable for building the biceps.
Titan Preacher Curl is made of cushioned arm and seat rests. It is coated with a powder finish to enhance the looks and longevity of the curl training bench. The equipment measures 36.25 inches in length and 22 inches in width. It weighs 44 lbs and carries a capacity of 250 pounds.
#10 – Adjustable Preacher Bench by Best Choice Products
- The seat and armrests are cushioned to make them comfortable.
- The ease of adjustment makes it fit for people of different sizes.
- It is suitable for home and commercial use.
- The equipment comes in separate parts that require assembly.
Best Choice’s arms curl bench is made of sturdy steel to make it last long. It has a wide, cushioned armrest adjustable into five different heights.
Easy to use bar knobs are used to regulate the positions. The arm curl can be used to develop other muscles on the upper body.
Preacher curl benches are primarily designed for workouts aimed to develop the biceps. Top Preacher curl benches are made of an adjustable bar rest, seat, and arm pad.
The seat and arm pad need to be cushioned to facilitate comfort. A good curl bench boosts adequate reps that are needed to build biceps.
What to read next: 10 Best Power Towers