Before you jump ahead and find the best kinesiology tape for your needs, take a second and familiarize yourself with what this versatile tape is all about and how it can help your fitness goals overcome inevitable hurdles.
Surely you’ve seen them by now, perhaps your favorite athlete wore one during the last game?
Kinesiology tapes are becoming more and more popular for managing injuries and pain. Now that they’ve gained popularity, dozens of companies are jumping onto the trend.
Which means finding quality is becoming increasingly more difficult and time consuming.
Not to worry, we got your back on this!
Related: 10 Best Training Straps to Consider
What Is Kinesiology Tape?
A kinesiology tape is a therapeutic tape used to manage musculoskeletal injuries and inflammation obtained while exercising.
The tapes are made of an elastic material to allow body mobility in areas they are worn. Kinesiology tape promotes recovery by supporting the injured tissues and facilitating lymphatic drainage on inflamed areas.
How Do They Work?
The best kinesio tapes are designed to facilitate your body’s natural recovery and healing process, but whilst providing extra support and extra stability to your muscles and body joints.
Most of the tapes are latex free and are used on:
- the back
- and many more body joints.
Besides promoting recovery, the kinesiology tape also relieves pain and promotes correct movement patterns.
10 Highly Rated Kinesiology Tapes Reviewed
Now that you’re a little bit more familiar with this rehabilitative workout gear, it’s time to familiarize yourself with some of the top choices offered to you on the market.
This article reviews top ten kinesiology tapes recommended by physiotherapists and used by pro athletes.
#10 – Kinesiology Sports Elastic Tape by AllforLife
- Supports injured muscles without restricting movement.
- It promotes recovery by boosting blood and lymphatic flow.
- Suitable for users who are allergic to latex.
- The band is not pre-cut, so a user will need to spend extra time cutting the tape to match the therapeutic use.
The kinesiology tape by AllforLife is found in blue, black, beige and pink colors. It is manufactured from 100% cotton and free from latex allergens.
It measures 5cm wide and 5m long. The kinesiology tape is waterproof. As well, it is breathable, and users can wear the tape for a longer time.
#9 – TheraBand Kinesiology Tape with XactStretch
- It is allergen free.
- Users are guaranteed of quality since the product has passed more than 300 studies carried by clinical experts.
- It does not limit one’s range of motion.
- The product may come off when one is sweaty.
Theraband kinesiology tape comes in black and white colors. The product comes with a visual aid, which guides users on the correct use of the tape.
It is made of 98% cotton and 2% spandex material. The materials are free of latex, and they are water resistant. It measures, 2 inches wide and 16.4 feet long.
#8 – Vara Kinesiology Tape (Uncut Rolls)
- The product is allergen free.
- Made of breathable cotton, a factor that makes it comfortable to wear for more days.
- Recommended for athletes, children, seniors, and people recovering from surgery.
- Lacks a taping guide.
Vara Kinesiology tape is made of lightweight cotton and an allergen-free acrylic material. The tape stays on the skin for more than seven days.
It measures, 2 inches wide and 16.4 feet long. It can be used in pools or a shower since it is water resistant.
#7 – Kinesiology Tape by Nordic Lifting
- It is latex free, hence suitable for latex-sensitive users.
- FDA and ISO approved.
- They are designed to minimize muscle fatigue, alleviate pain, enhance blood flow and improve performance.
- Both the two roles serve a similar function.
The prime kinesiology tape comes in a pair of black+ beige or Red+ electric blue. It measures two inches wide and 16.4 feet long.
The tape comes along with an e-book and printed visuals that guide users on proper use. It stays on the skin for up to eight days.
#6 – Master of Muscle Kinesiology Therapeutic Tape
- It is sweat and waterproof. Therefore, it can stay on skin even after heavy workouts.
- It is suitable for all sports like swimming, weightlifting, and athletics.
- The user manual guides users on proper application.
- The product may leave a black residue after use.
The Master of Muscle Kinesiology tape is designed with black, electric blue and hot pink colors. It measures 2 inches wide and 16.4 feet long.
After purchasing the item, users receive a free e-book manual into their mail. The tape stays in place for up to 3 days.
#5 – KT TAPE PRO Elastic Kinesiology Therapeutic Tape
- It is manufactured from lightweight and durable synthetic fibers.
- It has a stretching capacity of 160%. The stretching function is similar to that of the skin.
- Suitable for new users who lack experience in cutting full tape rolls.
- The tape peels up faster if fitted on wet and unclean body parts.
The KT kinesiology band comes in twenty color variations like blue, black, red and pink. Unlike most kinesiology tapes, the KT tape is pre-cut into 20 ten-inch strips.
The product comes with a user guide containing step by step application instructions. The tape can be worn for 4-7 days.
#4 – 321 Strong’s Kinesiology Tape for Athletes
- The tape is precut and therefore, easy to use.
- Made of 160% stretching material that allows full range motion.
- It is allergen free.
- Comes along with an e-book aid.
- If not used correctly, the adhesive may come off earlier than the recommended days.
321 Strong’s kinesiology tape is found in black, blue, nude and pink colors. The tape rolls measure 2 inches wide and 16.4 feet long. The roll is however cut into ten- inch long strips.
It is made of a latex-free fabric, which is water resistant. The tape stays in place for up to three days.
#3 – RockTape Kinesiology Tape for Athletes
- Latex and Zinc free.
- It has a stretching capacity of 180% and can, therefore, facilitate a full range of motion.
- Over 45,000 medical practitioners recommend its use.
- Lacks a user guide.
RockTape Kinesiology Tape is found in over fifty color variations like blue, pink, red, black and green. The tape’s fabric is designed from 97% cotton and 3% nylon.
It is water resistant, hence suitable for heavy workouts. As well it can be used when having a shower. It stays on the skin for up to 7 days.
#2 – Physix Gear Best Sports Kinesiology Tape
- It is made of FDA and CE approved adhesive.
- It meets the athletic standards, hence used on all types of exercises.
- Made of an extra sticky adhesive. It stays attached to the skin for many days.
- Users have to cut the product themselves since it is not precut.
Physix Gear Sports kinesiology tape comes in yellow, pink, black, green, white, orange and beige colors. One can purchase the product in a pair or as a single roll.
The product comes with a free e-book guide.
#1 – The Best Kinesiology Tape by Kinesio
- Specially designed to induce a nano-touch effect.
- It is latex free.
- None that stick out.
Kinesio Kinesiology Tape is made of cotton fabric. It is uniquely designed to provide a tender but deft touch. The cotton is breathable and has an adhesive that stays on the place for more days.
It is recommended for people with joint pains and comes in a pack of three rolls.
Kinesiology tapes differ depending on the manufacturer, type, and price. This review guides users on how to select a quality brand that matches their budget.
A good kinesiology tape helps in managing injuries, pain, and inflammation. New users can choose kinesiology tape with a user guide, to guide them through correct use.
What to read next: 10 Best Muscle Compression Bands