How to Start Your Diet and Lose 10 Pounds in 2 Weeks
Losing 10 pounds in 2 weeks will require some serious commitment but it isn’t necessarily as hard as you might think. These simple steps can help you lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks—and keep losing weight for many weeks to come:
- Learn to count calories and understand how they control weight loss and weight gain.
- Start your day with a cold glass of freshly squeezed lemon water; lemon speeds up the metabolism
- Have a breakfast of fruit and nuts; it might not sound filling but these foods are jam packed with nutrients and you’ll often be surprised how little you need
- Drink only water based drinks; if you’re drinking two or more cans of pop a day this change alone can help you shed the pounds quickly
- Pack lunch full of protein; your lunch should be pretty much pure protein with maybe an apple on the side. A cup of Greek yogurt is a great addition for both protein and calcium. A protein heavy lunch will keep you full for a full 4 hours, about the length of time most people go between lunch and dinner
- Eat dinner early; many of us eat dinner so late that our body doesn’t have time to digest our food properly before we go to bed, so the food doesn’t get processed efficiently and a higher percentage is turned into fat
- Keep dinner simple; a three course meal is just too much food at the end of the day. A pair of hard boiled eggs and a medium sized plate of salad give all the nutrients you need
- Moderate resistance workout 3 times per week; working out will help you not only lose weight but also feel healthier. Get a pair of resistance bands for $20, ask Google for some help and you’ll get access to dozens of resistance exercises suitable for people at all fitness levels
- Have a cheat meal; having one cheat meal a week allows you to indulge in your favorite sugary desserts guilt-free and becomes a built in reward for sticking to your diet during the rest of the week
The journey to the perfect body might be a long one but if you follow these rules you can start seeing results right away and the infographic below has a range of tips in visual format for you to follow, enjoy!