Before you jump ahead and find the best kinesiology tape for your needs, take a second and familiarize yourself with what this versatile tape is all about and how it can help your fitness goals overcome inevitable hurdles.
We ranked the top kinesio tapes for your to consider:
Surely you’ve seen them by now, perhaps your favorite athlete wore one during the last game? Kinesiology tapes are becoming more and more popular for managing injuries and pain. Now that they’ve gained popularity, dozens of companies are jumping onto the trend. Which means finding quality is becoming increasingly more difficult and time consuming. Not to worry, we got your back on this!
What Is Kinesiology Tape?
A kinesiology tape is a therapeutic tape used to manage musculoskeletal injuries and inflammation obtained while exercising.
The tapes are made of an elastic material to allow body mobility in areas they are worn. Kinesiology tape promotes recovery by supporting the injured tissues and facilitating lymphatic drainage on inflamed areas.
How Do They Work?
Besides promoting recovery, the kinesiology tape also relieves pain and promotes correct movement patterns. Most of the tapes are latex free and are used on knees, shoulders, ankles, the back and many more body joints.
10 Highest Rated Kinesiology Tapes Reviewed
Now that you’re a little bit more familiar with this rehabilitative workout gear, it’s time to familiarize yourself with some of the top choices offered to you on the market.
The best kinesio tapes are designed to facilitate you body’s natural recovery and healing process, but whilst providing extra support and extra stability to your muscles and body joints. The best ones, additionally, do not restrict your body’s range of motion.
This article reviews top ten kinesiology tapes recommended by physiotherapists and used by pro athletes.
#10 – Kinesiology Sports Elastic Tape by AllforLife
The kinesiology tape by AllforLife is found in blue, black, beige and pink colors. It is manufactured from 100% cotton and free from latex allergens.
It measures 5cm wide and 5m long. The kinesiology tape is waterproof. As well, it is breathable, and users can wear the tape for a longer time.
- Supports injured muscles without restricting movement.
- It promotes recovery by boosting blood and lymphatic flow.
- Suitable for users who are allergic to latex.
- The band is not pre-cut, so a user will need to spend extra time cutting the tape to match the therapeutic use.
#9 – TheraBand Kinesiology Tape with XactStretch
Theraband kinesiology tape comes in black and white colors. The product comes with a visual aid, which guides users on the correct use of the tape.
It is made of 98% cotton and 2% spandex material. The materials are free of latex, and they are water resistant. It measures, 2 inches wide and 16.4 feet long.
- It is allergen free.
- Users are guaranteed of quality since the product has passed more than 300 studies carried by clinical experts.
- It does not limit one’s range of motion.
- The product may come off when one is sweaty.
#8 – Vara Kinesiology Tape – Uncut Rolls (2-inch x 16.4 feet)
Vara Kinesiology tape is made of lightweight cotton and an allergen-free acrylic material. The tape stays on the skin for more than seven days.
It measures, 2 inches wide and 16.4 feet long. It can be used in pools or a shower since it is water resistant.
- The product is allergen free.
- Made of breathable cotton, a factor that makes it comfortable to wear for more days.
- Recommended for athletes, children, seniors, and people recovering from surgery.
- Lacks a taping guide.
#7 – Kinesiology Tape (2-pack) Prime Tape by Nordic Lifting
The prime kinesiology tape comes in a pair of black+ beige or Red+ electric blue. It measures two inches wide and 16.4 feet long.
The tape comes along with an e-book and printed visuals that guide users on proper use. It stays on the skin for up to eight days.
- It is latex free, hence suitable for latex-sensitive users.
- FDA and ISO approved.
- They are designed to minimize muscle fatigue, alleviate pain, enhance blood flow and improve performance.
- Both the two roles serve a similar function.
#6 – Master of Muscle Kinesiology Therapeutic Tape
The Master of Muscle Kinesiology tape is designed with black, electric blue and hot pink colors. It measures 2 inches wide and 16.4 feet long.
After purchasing the item, users receive a free e-book manual into their mail. The tape stays in place for up to 3 days.
- It is sweat and waterproof. Therefore, it can stay on skin even after heavy workouts.
- It is suitable for all sports like swimming, weightlifting, and athletics.
- The user manual guides users on proper application.
- The product may leave a black residue after use.
#5 – KT TAPE PRO Elastic Kinesiology Therapeutic Tape
The KT kinesiology band comes in twenty color variations like blue, black, red and pink. Unlike most kinesiology tapes, the KT tape is pre-cut into 20 ten-inch strips.
The product comes with a user guide containing step by step application instructions. The tape can be worn for 4-7 days.
- It is manufactured from lightweight and durable synthetic fibers.
- It has a stretching capacity of 160%. The stretching function is similar to that of the skin.
- Suitable for new users who lack experience in cutting full tape rolls.
- The tape peels up faster if fitted on wet and unclean body parts.
#4 – 321 Strong’s Kinesiology Tape for Athletes
321 Strong’s kinesiology tape is found in black, blue, nude and pink colors. The tape rolls measure 2 inches wide and 16.4 feet long. The roll is however cut into ten- inch long strips.
It is made of a latex-free fabric, which is water resistant. The tape stays in place for up to three days.
- The tape is precut and therefore, easy to use.
- Made of 160% stretching material that allows full range motion.
- It is allergen free.
- Comes along with an e-book aid.
- If not used correctly, the adhesive may come off earlier than the recommended days.
#3 – RockTape Kinesiology Tape for Athletes
RockTape Kinesiology Tape is found in over fifty color variations like blue, pink, red, black and green. The tape’s fabric is designed from 97% cotton and 3% nylon.
It is water resistant, hence suitable for heavy workouts. As well it can be used when having a shower. It stays on the skin for up to 7 days.
- Latex and Zinc free.
- It has a stretching capacity of 180% and can, therefore, facilitate a full range of motion.
- Over 45,000 medical practitioners recommend its use.
- Lacks a user guide.
#2 – Physix Gear Best Sports Kinesiology Tape
Physix Gear Sports kinesiology tape comes in yellow, pink, black, green, white, orange and beige colors. One can purchase the product in a pair or as a single roll.
The product comes with a free e-book guide.
- It is made of FDA and CE approved adhesive.
- It meets the athletic standards, hence used on all types of exercises.
- Made of an extra sticky adhesive. It stays attached to the skin for many days.
- Users have to cut the product themselves since it is not precut.
#1 – The Best Kinesiology Tape by Kinesio
Kinesio Kinesiology Tape is made of cotton fabric. It is uniquely designed to provide a tender but deft touch. The cotton is breathable and has an adhesive that stays on the place for more days.
It is recommended for people with joint pains and comes in a pack of three rolls.
- Specially designed to induce a nano-touch effect.
- It is latex free.
- None that stick out.
Kinesiology tapes differ depending on the manufacturer, type, and price. This review guides users on how to select a quality brand that matches their budget.
A good kinesiology tape helps in managing injuries, pain, and inflammation. New users can choose kinesiology tape with a user guide, to guide them through correct use.
What to read next: Best Floss Bands – Top 10 Muscle Compression Bands