What Are the Benefits of Jump Ropes?
The best jumping ropes have become far from child’s play. Adults can physically benefit from this playground favorite by simply including it into their workout regime.
It is an intense exercise that develops agility and quickness, promotes cardiovascular health, improves bone density, enhances brain function and burn calories.
According to Science Daily, “this aerobic exercise can achieve a ‘burn rate’ of up to 1300 calories per hour of vigorous activity, with about 0.1 calories consumed per jump.”
Even light jumping can burn 10 to 16 calories in a minute. Additionally, it has a much lower impact on the joints than jogging or running. It is an affordable exercising tool that can be taken on the go.
10 Best Jump & Speed Ropes Reviewed
A burn rate of up to 1,300 calories/hr is nothing to kid about. With some of the top ropes on the market listed below, you can achieve just that, especially if you need a jump rope for crossfit. One thing to keep in mind is that, as with anything else, you should go at your own pace and towards your own custom fitness goals.
#10 – ZIYUE Fitness Premium Speed Rope for Crossfit
ZIYUE Fitness Premium Speed Rope is a good rope for Crossfit training. It features a flexible, long wire rope that connects to two foam handles that were designed to decrease hand fatigue.
There are two ball bearings strategically placed in each handle to ensure a smooth and even rotation, making it a favorite among boxers and MMA athletes.
It is a high-speed and steady speed rope that allow its users to easily bounce back from flawed swings. The rope’s length is adjustable and its settings can be changed in 5 minutes.
- Its speediness can chop minutes off a regular workout.
- The rope length allows its user to easily perform double unders.
- It can successfully improve stamina, reflexes and build endurance.
- The soft grip foam handles can slip.
#9 – PowerSkip Jump Rope with Memory Foam Handles
The PowerSkip Jump Rope is a popular choice for anyone interested in crossfit, fitness training, and jumping exercise.
It is considered one of the best jump ropes on the fitness market. Its lightweight handles are covered with memory foam and is designed to keep the hands comfortable during long sessions.
With a ball bearing in each handle and the weighted cable, users can achieve smoother and faster rotations. As a bonus, the rope comes with online access to training videos, offering routines for beginners to advanced jumpers.
- The jump rope cable is 100% tangle free.
- It is adjustable and suitable for people with heights ranging from 5’0 to 6’8.
- It comes with a lifetime warranty.
- The jump rope length may not be long enough for some users.
#8 – Fitness Master Premium Quality Jump Rope
Fitness Master Premium Quality Jump Rope can help the body burn calories and become leaner and healthier without taking as long as a traditional workout. According to WebMD, “you’d have to run an eight-minute mile to work off more calories than you’d burn jumping rope.”
The rope features a sturdy 9 foot long, heavy plastic-coated steel cable attached to two durable plastic, slender handles. The cable length can be adjusted to suit the user’s height by loosening the screws in the rotating rods that attach to the handles. Great for beginners, intermediate and advanced users.
- It comes with a convenient carrying case.
- There is an extra screw kit included.
- A five-year warranty is included.
- The screws may loosen by themselves while the jump rope is rotating.
#7 – 321 Strong Aluminum Fitness Jumprope with Ball Bearing Handles
The 321 Strong Aluminum Fitness Jumprope is one of the best jump ropes for beginners to professionals that is capable of burning those pesky calories. At 11 feet, it has one of the longest cables available. Plus, the cable is weighted to give good resistance.
If the cable is too long, it can be adjusted by simply loosening the thumb screws, adjusting the cable and tightening. The 90 degree turn handles are 6 inches long, slender and made of aluminum and foam.
- It comes with a nylon storage bag.
- The handles contain ball bearings for high RPMs
- It is easier to perform double unders and other techniques because of the weighted cable.
- The ball bearings may stick from time to time.
#6 – Vulcan Ultra Speed Cable Rope for Crossfit
As one of the best speed ropes, the Vulcan Ultra Speed Cable Rope is capable of going the distance for cardio benefits and burning calories.
According to WatchFit, “jump roping is a very effective cardio exercise that boosts your heart rate up, so your cardiovascular system improves and can burn an impressive amount of calories in a relatively short period of time so it is very helpful if you want to lose weight.”
The speed rope is a favorite in Crossfit gyms. Its 3mm cable is the perfect weight for doing double and triple unders.
- It has a speedy metal dowel that allows the rope to turn 5 to 6 rotations in a second.
- The cable width makes it more flexible and less likely to tangle.
- Cable length is about 12 feet and can be adjusted by loosening the screws, adjusting and tightening.
- The screws should be checked before each use because they can loosen.
#5 – Jump Rope by BeMaxx Fitness
Anyone interested in being able to perform different jumping exercises with one rope, the Jump Rope by BeMaxx Fitness is one of the best jump ropes available for the job. With this rope, users can exercise for bodybuilding, MMA, boxing and personal training.
Its vertical handles with stainless steel ball bearings allow for fast spinning and more rotations than ordinary ropes. Additionally, it has a 10 foot long strong wire cable that is built for speed and resists tangles. The carrying case allows users to carry it anywhere.
- It helps Improve stamina, endurance and coordination.
- A free workout guide is included.
- A second wire cable is included.
- It comes with a lifetime warranty and a 100% money back guarantee.
- The wire cable may be too thin, making it uncomfortable to work with for some people.
#4 – King Athletic Best Jumping Rope for Cardio Fitness
The King Athletic Best Jumping Rope is a classic and a popular choice among professional athletes, seeking to improve muscle tone, strength and endurance.
It features a durable 100% genuine leather rope that extends to 9 feet 4 inches and can accommodate users with heights up to 6 feet 10 inches. For shorter users, the rope can be adjusted in as little as five minutes. Each handle has foam grips for comfort and ball bearings to assist with speed and even rotation.
- A free ebook is included, featuring a variety of techniques for a thorough workout.
- It is ideal for Crossfit, speed skip training and basic training.
- A lifetime warranty is included.
- It is difficult figuring out how to adjust the rope because the extra cable is tucked inside the handles behind the caps.
#3 – Vulcan Strength Double Under Speed Rope
The Vulcan Double Under Speed Rope is built for speed and allows users to perform a range of intense exercises with precision each time. It is designed with a bushing system that lets the vertical handles rotate with low friction.
The wire cable runs through the ends of small rods connected to each handle and the cable ends are safely capped. Users can adjust the length to suit their height. Rope comes in multiple colors.
- The rope can be used to do double unders.
- It has a sturdy construction.
- It comes with a speedy bushing system.
- It doesn’t seem to come with any warranty.
#2 – Survival and Cross Jump Rope
The Survival and Cross Jump Rope is a great exercising tool for athletic and personal training. Many users have been satisfied with the jump rope’s performance.
Each handle contains a steel ball bearing that allows users to perform double unders and long cardio sessions with speed and precision.
The cable has a good weight and is long enough to accommodate users as tall as 6 foot 5 inches. However, the cable can be adjusted to suit any height by loosening the screws, adjusting and tightening.
- It’s a great choice for cardio training.
- The cable is tangle-free and easy to store.
- It’s specifically designed for intense workouts.
- For some, the cable may be too thin and too lightweight.
#1 – WOD Nation Speed Jump Rope
WOD Nation Speed Jump Rope is one of the best speed ropes available to help anyone get in shape. As a speed rope, It can reduce the amount of time of a WOD (Workout of the Day). It’s steady and creates a smooth rotation that allows users to quickly recover from inaccurate swings.
With a quick snip off the top of the wire cable, users can customize the rope to do multiple double unders. It’s an easy to use rope that can be used by women, men and children.
- The rope comes with a 122 inch long cable that can easily be adjusted.
- It is available in multiple trendy colors.
- The speed rope is backed by a 100% lifetime guarantee.
- The rope should not be used on abrasive surfaces, such as cement or asphalt.
A jump rope routine can be incorporated into anyone’s daily workout and can even take some time off of it. As an aerobic exercise, it can offer cardiovascular benefits and promote weight loss by burning calories and eventually eliminating fat. The right jump rope is a powerful fitness tool that is capable of delivering dynamic results.